An Open Letter to all Artsbridge Members
A big hello to all our past, present and future members. I hope you all had a great and safe Memorial Day Weekend!
I write to you all to bring attention to volunteer opportunities now available at Artsbridge. I’m reaching out to you all to first express my personal thanks to all volunteers, past and present. Whether event volunteers or Board members, your help makes Artsbridge the successful art organization it has become.
Second, I ask you to be aware that we have specific needs for a Treasurer, Public Relations team leader and Newsletter writer/editor. The incumbents have been in these roles for some time and in some cases, providing double duty. New volunteers are much needed. The Treasurer is a board level position. The others can but don’t have to be.
Position descriptions for each of these critical positions can be reviewed by clicking on links below for more detail and your consideration. We need to fill these very soon to help grow a great arts organization, continue its smooth operation, to provide leadership opportunities to members and to maintain the stability of our organization.
I appeal to you to consider stepping up and become part of our leadership team today. Contact me or any member of the board if you’re interested or would like more information.
Thank you in advance. Have a safe and enjoyable summer. Do Art!
Gary David Fournier, President
All Artsbridge members are invited to attend all NHAL Meetings.
Margie Milne’s, Portrait of Gabrielle
Lambertville Collage Classes from Nancy Shill
It’s Spring and time for another collage class. Lets loosen up and enjoy.
You are welcome whether you prefer abstract or realistic or if you are experienced or a beginner.
You will experiment with approaches to composition and variety using color, texture, tone and line.
This class will be on four Tuesday Mornings 10-12:30 at the Lambertville Library.
Dates are April 16 – May 7
Cost is $125
Please respond to this email to hold your spot.
Checks can be sent to :
12 Eden Roc
New Hope PA 18938
2018-19 PA Partners in the Arts Project Stream Guidelines (PDF)
Applications must be submitted electronically via DCED’s Electronic Single Application (ESA) website (esa.dced.state.pa.us) on or before June 20, 2018. Late applications may not be accepted.
PPA Project Stream provides grants of up to $2,500 to eligible
organizations and individuals to conduct arts projects.
The features of Project Stream are:
- Grants are awarded annually and applicants must reapply every year.
- Application is for projects that have not yet occurred. The activities period is from September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019.
- Applicants may submit one (1) Project Stream application per PPA service region, per grant period.
- • Project must be an arts activity, take place in the PPA Partner’s service region and have a public component.
- In some instances, public access to the arts is limited by circumstances beyond the control of the applicant. Examples of this include programs for individuals who are institutionalized, incarcerated, or otherwise unable to access public programs. Applications for projects providing access to the arts in such environments will not be disqualified as a result of the public being unable or not allowed to attend.
- For profit organizations are ineligible.
- The applicant, if an individual, must be at least 18 years old.
- PPA Project Stream applicants may not apply to the following grant programs for the same grant period: PPA Program Stream, PCA AOAP Track, or PCA Entry Track.
- PPA Project Stream applicants may apply to the following PCA grant programs during the same grant period: Arts in Education Residencies; Preserving Diverse Cultures; and Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania’s Professional Development and Consulting.
2018 Member Show Winners
Free The Girls is a nonprofit organization that works to provide jobs to women rescued from sex trafficking in developing countries by helping them set up microenterprises selling bras. And, through the collection of bras in Western countries, we strive to educate people and organizations about the scourge of human trafficking worldwide. Please donate new and gently used, clean bras in any size, color, style. CLICK HERE
Great opportunity for local artists (within 25 miles of Flemington) to exhibit art at a local yoga studio.
Opening reception for the artist is included.
If you should be interested, please contact Billie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-963-9824.
A Life in Balance- Physical Therapy & Yoga
50 Mine Street
Flemington, NJ 08822
an artist run gallery in the heart of Lambertville, New Jersey, has openings in the gallery roster and seeks applicants for membership. Artists who would like to exhibit their work year-round in one of New Jersey’s premier art towns and who would enjoy working with fellow artists in the operation of a professional art gallery can find more information about the gallery and the membership process here: http://www.lambertvillearts.com/membership.php
Applicants should have a body of quality artwork ready to exhibit, preferably will have an exhibition history, and should be able to take on the gallery responsibilities listed on the website.
New website announced that will be a resource for artists to sell their work. We hope it will be like EBay for artists. It will be marketed to Interior Designers and anyone who wants to buy art. Artists may easily upload an unlimited amount of work and create their own Gallery/ Website. Cost is $5 per piece + 20% commission.
Unlike other art websites it will only sell fine art. All mediums accepted.
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS!
If you are an ARTSBRIDGE member with news that you would like listed here, please forward 1 JPEG of your work along with your name, artwork title, and a short description of 50 words or less telling about your show. Be sure to include dates and times for opening receptions if applicable. Make all submissions to the webmaster today! PLEASE NOTE: Any submissions to the webmaster will be posted to the site AS IS. We do not edit, proof or spell check your work. Please review prior to submission. We will scale your jpeg down to size if needed. To keep things fair, we only post 1 image per person per show.